20.4.10

Blogs, blogs, blogs

Creating a blog
Blogs...oh blogs! Blogs are infuriating. On the face of it they seem like such a good idea: aren't they simple and free with pre-designed templates? You think to yourself "I can do that, its much easier than web-design, and its sort of like having a website - maybe I can even make it look like a website". Then reality strikes, what blog software do you pick? Do you go for Blogger or Tumblr or Wordpress? And then how do you make it look any good? And what about the content - should you write it like a diary or do you have a different approach.

The truth is I never really liked blogs, I don't actually really read other people's. Does anyone? Maybe the odd person does but the best you can hope for is people stay long enough to look through your pictures!

FMP bloglist
Spent the morning creating a bloglist. The goal is to bring together all the second year students FMP blogs, so we have a collective library of research and thinking. Link to bloglist here

FMP Blog
Finally came up with a solution for my FMP blog. This is FMP blog mark 4, but I'm finally happy. After countless hours testing and customising templates in both Blogger and Tumblr and several unsatisfactory solutions I resorted to building my own from the basic Blogger setup. Learning to build a blog isn't particularly hard, most of the answers can be found by googling and a lot of the coding can be cut and pasted. There were quite a few blogs I took inspiration from, here are a few: James Brooks, Anders Stockman, Hugh Barrell, We Are Re:, Sean Parker, Clinic

No comments: