3.5.10

Weekly update

So, the making stage is in motion; currently prototyping and implementing my idea. This means I may well be updating the blog less frequently - but hopefully each update will coincide with substantial developments.

Since my last post I have had a tutorial and spent many hours in the letterpress workshop. My idea The future of the poster is... got the go-ahead from Ben in the tutorial - I talked it through with him, he then helped me set some type. The first stage of the idea involves letterpressing a postcard which I will be sending out to to industry. Here is a breakdown of my idea

1. Design and letterpress postcards to send to industry. The postcards say "The future of the poster is... please complete the sentence". Each postcard will be sent out in an envelope, the postcard itself will be have my address and a stamp attached and I will ask participants to return the postcards

2. I will also be getting design students (the future of the design industry) to complete the postcards

3. Next, I plan to design a series of posters with my favourite responses. Probably screenprinted.

4. Finally I plan to design a master poster with all the responses on. Hopefully litho'd.

No comments: