15.5.10

Another consideration

Ok I read, re-read and interrogate the brief - I think I am cutting through to the crux of the problem: produce a piece of graphic design that shows off the potential of your format (posters).


So I have the idea: to rationalise the project and ask others to define the content. Now what I need to do is get behind my ideas and make them work. What will make this interesting to the design community? Is it their involvement - is being part of the process enough to make it interesting? Is it the content? Is it the way I communicate the content?

Lets say I have a large collection of postcards with opinions and feedback on the potential for posters, how can I communicate this content for an exhibition piece?

Display the postcards directly - pin them up, find an alternative way to mount them - some kind of pockets for them to sit in like christmas stockings? put them in a book, make a movable display.
Project them, photograph them, read them out and record them,
Collate them and put the information into a poster.
Display them individually, scatter them around
Put them in a box
Cut them up, collage them, hang them from the ceiling. Arrange them to spell a word out or phrase - what would the would be? Poster, future of poster, examine.

No comments: